Hurricane Safety Tips and Information
Hurricane safety is paramount with the hurricane season in full swing (beginning June 1). The message for every person is the same: prepare, prepare, prepare. It's important that you have the information you need to keep yourself and your family safe.
It's That Time of Year: How Do You Protect Your Home and Family?
Increase your awareness and protect yourself, your family, home and property from harmful hurricanes by taking note of important hurricane information the NOAA provides
If the area in which you live is prone to hurricanes follow these hurricane safety tips:
- Learn safe routes inland
- Determine ahead of time where official shelters are located for emergency evacuation
- Develop a family hurricane plan
- Keep all emergency equipment in good working order. These include emergency power generators, flashlights, radios, batteries, tarps
- Stock up on non-perishable food and water supplies - consider investing in a water system tank
- Keep gardens well maintained with trees and shrubbery trimmed
- Have plywood on hand to protect doors and windows OR better Hurricane shutters installed
- Know your community's hurricane safety plan
- Review insurance policies to determine if you're covered in the event of flood and wind damage
Comfort, Security, Privacy, Storm Protection & Energy Savings – All at the touch of a button.
If you are concerned with protecting your family and home from damaging storms, the sun's intense UV rays and reducing your home's heating and cooling cost, then you realize the importance of window and home opening protection.
Somfy’s TaHomA is an intuitive home automation system that controls Somfy automation products as well as Z-Wave devices. The system gives you total control over your home’s energy-management devices, including lights and thermostats plus motorized interior and exterior window coverings. TaHomA allows you to manage the balance between natural light, artificial light and temperature to maximize your home’s energy savings with the convenience of one-click control, both at home and away.